Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cafe Bali








"Have you been to Cafe Bali? Oh you have to go to Cafe Bali! Make sure you try Cafe Bali."

The number of times I heard this before my recent trip to Bali was enough to do my head in, so it was my mission to make sure I dined, if just once, at the Seminyak institution. I went 3 times.

Perfect for a mid-shop break or a casual dinner, Cafe Bali is located on what is known as 'Eat Street', Jalan Laksmana, and has become an muts-do for tourists and expats alike. With it's broad range of fresh, cheap meals, ranging from Western staples to Asian favourites, and fabulous decor, it is often hard to snag a table on a Friday or Saturday night.

Set in a beautiful colonial style house there's nothing better than sipping on an iced tea on the expansive veranda on a hot afternoon. 
At every angle there is something interesting to look at: the white-washed walls frame mismatched tables, covered in crochet table clothes, a swimming pool lines the rear of the restaurant and let's not forget the incredible light fittings.

Incredibly fresh sashimi is my pick of the menu, as well as the vietnamese spring rolls and salmon blini (can you tell I like share food?)

And if you're a fan of ginger, don't forget to try the fabulous ginger lollies that come with the bill!

Cafe Bali- Jalan Laksmana, Seminyak
(image to from mylovelylife)

No comments:

Post a Comment