Sunday, June 26, 2011

Every Sunday should involve tea



Today not only celebrated my mum’s ‘something-th’ birthday, but also my first foray into high tea

After much research and negotiation, mum and I decided to try the Hotel Nest in Albert Park; an experience highly praised by family friends and one which fell well within our budget (our Windsor Hotel high tea will have to wait til it’s just mum and I!).

The upper floor of the Hotel Nest has been specially designated for their Sunday tea party and was set up beautifully, with the black and white colour scheme giving it a modern feel, while the miss-matched teacups added that vintage air.

With a bottle of champagne to start us off, first course were individual plates of sandwiches- a generous spread of cucumber and cream cheese, ham and tomato relish, lemon-poached chicken and mayonnaise and egg.

The chicken sandwich was a standout; the others were nice but lacked any zing or excitement.

A glorious tower of sweets followed, including white chocolate mud cakes made to look like Hermes Birkin bags and Chanel no.5 perfume bottles. The lemon meringues and pistachio macarons were my top two picks (then again, anything lemon will always win with me!)





A further course of hot scones came next, along with our personal tea selection- what is a high tea without tea!

Such an enjoyable experience and can’t wait to stuff my face again. Next up: High Tea at the Pavilion in McCrae...then perhaps the Hyatt.


4 comments:

  1. This all looks so lovely! :) that chanel perfume cake looks amazing!! And the pistachio macaroon...yum! I've only had high tea once in the QVB and I must find an excuse for another one soon! :)
    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the boys were playing ladies! The macaroon was a standout and my white tea with a hint of rose was fragranced perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuuuuum tdawwwg!!! looks the goods!! didn't know the pavillion did a high tea? i still haven't been down everyones been raving about it!! yum!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. neither did i natty, my mum got a postcard about it from there last week

    ReplyDelete