Friday, February 4, 2011

'tis the season

Watching Entertainment Tonight today (yes i know, my life is very exciting) reminded me that Hollywood's ultimate night of glamour was just around the corner.

In honour of the biggest day in February (Valentines can get stuffed), I thought I'd share my favourite Oscars/awards show dresses from the last couple of years.



My all time favourite, Charlize Theron in Vera Wang...old school glamour in the most brilliant orange, with perfect hair and perfect accessories. Perfection!



Kate Winslet, at the 2002 Academy Awards, in Ben de Lisi...I just loved the rose detailing and bold colour...pretty sure I cut this photo out and stuck it in my school diary...


Such a difficult colour to put off but Michelle Williams, in Vera Wang, does it without batting an eyelid. Red lips were definitely a risk but I think it really works and suits the mood of the event.



I think I have a soft spot for flora detailing as Sandra Bullock in Marchesa also makes my list. The sequins play tricks on the eyes, alternating from gold to silver, but that's half the fun isn't it!


Not my favourite dress shape but the colour is a stand out (in Rodarte)! 2011 is Natalie's year and i'm anxious to see what she shows up in on the 27th, baby bump in tow!

Looking back over these now, I'm rather surprised that the majority of dresses are bold hues as I am a Melbournian black through and through!

1 comment:

  1. amazing dresses. how pretty is natalie?

    www.lalalandvintageclothing.com
    www.avintagelovestory.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete