Monday, October 10, 2011

Bare Essentials

image: intothegloss

This post will revolve around two of my favourite things at the moment: Lily Aldridge and pulling off the 'make-up free' look.

Lily, seen above with her sister Ruby, has joined my list of girl crushes. Her flawless complexion, exotic features and sunny disposition makes her a welcome addition to the model circuit.

And it's her beautiful, make-up free skin that leads me to my second goal- perfecting clear skin, that which is without a lick of make-up.

My goal at the moment is to prepare my skin for my trip to bali and the upcoming summer, so that all I may need is a sweep of mascara and a lick of lipstick. It's probably the hardest look to get right; beyond any complex night look. It's all about the base. 

And it all comes down to maintenance; using the correct products- a good cleanser, skin-suitable exfoliant and a hydrating moisturiser, so that I one day may glow like Miss Aldridge.


My products of choice at the moment are: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel, Dermalogica Thermafoliant and Dermalogica Skin Smoothing cream, finished with Endota Rosehip oil and Burts Bees lip balm.  

4 comments:

  1. i like reading your posts! totally agree be natural!!
    s

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! thanks for visiting my blog Stylexicon, I replied to your comment on Christine Centenera, but thought to come here personally and tell you too, the knit she wore is Ostwald Helgason - you can find the full line-up of what she wore here; http://www.harpersbazaar.com.au/fashion/what-she-wore-christine-centeneras-european-shows-style-diary.htm?index=2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, thanks Sacha! You have a lovely blog xx

    You're very kind Sofia, im now following your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't they gorgeous! I've been using rose hip oil too- as my night moisturiser, it's great. And burts bees lip balm is my staple (their tinted lip balms are extra awesome too!) :) xx

    ReplyDelete